Figuring out what to order for lunch can be a real pain sometimes. Especially when your boss is counting on YOU to impress his clientele for that big lunch meeting. There are fortunately a bunch of great places that deliver the goods to make you seem like you’re not just the lowly assistant, but also an in-the-know-foodie. This list may seem obvious to some, but when it’s crunch time and you have to think fast, it’s surprising how we often forget these local favorites right around the corner.
Here’s a short list of well-known restaurants in the West Hollywood area that do breakfast and lunch up good… and deliver!
1. Simple Things – Simple salads, sandwiches and whoopie pies. Delicious, easy and “simple.” I love their chicken pot-pie. They offer delivery through LAbite.com
Hours 11 AM to 10 PM
2. Kinaree Thai Bistro – A locals favorite. Classic Thai/ Vegetarian cuisine and offers FREE delivery service.
Hours 11:30 AM to 10:30 PM
3. Street - Eclectic street food from around the world. Truly a little bit of every thing. Brought to you by celebrity Chef, Susan Feniger.
Lunch Hours 12 PM -3 PM http://www.eatatstreet.com/streetdinner.html
4. Mozza (2Go) - This quick serve version of the insanely popular Italian eatery (Osteria Mozza) is known for it’s gourmet Neapolitan style pizzas, salads and daily panini specials. Famed celebrity Chef Mario Batali is at the helm.
Hours 10 AM – 10 PM
5. Angeli Caffe – Chef/Owner Evan Kleiman (of KCRW’s Good Food) fame, offers this unique modern family restaurant which features rustic regional Italian food with a California twist. Along with their regular menu, they also offer a large order menu for big parties and events.
Lunch Hours 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
6. Joan’s on Third – Joan’s has been a beloved favorite in the WeHo area for the past 13 years. Known for their fresh veggies, salads, sandwiches, delicious pastries, desserts and upscale comfort food. They offer a faxable menu for orders of 10 persons or more, or you can call it in. View their breakfast (8 AM to 12 PM) or lunch menu. $20 minimum and cost of delivery varies by your location.